A Background is a special trait used to represent elements of a character's history or backstory. They establish a variety of things, ranging from a character's social status, people who work for them, and a myriad of other mainly non-supernatural traits. Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition has a much smaller stable of Backgrounds available in published material due to being designed as a 'new introduction' and for low-powered characters. This section will house any Background conversions from prior Vampire material.
How to use this section
Like all portions of the wiki, the section below is designed to make extensive use of templates and wiki sorting, to provide an ease of use for contributors and readers alike. If you are a contributor, please read this in full. If you are only interested in seeing what has been contributed to the wiki, please move on down to the Backgrounds section.
Adding content is a pretty straightforward affair, but the administrators of the V5 Homebrew Wiki ask that you do the following:
- Before you create a page, please check to see if that page exists. You can check this via the search bar or by manually looking in the tabs for the page. Ex: If you're going to contribute a version of the Influence Background, check to see if a Background with that name exists.
- If it does, please make your title slightly unique in some way. For consistency's sake, we would ask that you mark any duplicate Background names as v# (for version), so that they can be easily sorted. Ex: If there is already an Influence on the wiki, please use Influence v2 as the name. This will help maintain some order to the wiki.
How to Add Content
There are two primary ways to add content to the Backgrounds section of the V5 Homebrew Wiki:
- Registered wiki users can add the pages themselves, by using the Add Background form below. Simply enter your Background name and the form will pre-populate the things you need to fill in for the template to function. Simply fill out the pre-populated template, filling in everything after the equal signs with your own data.
- If you feel uncomfortable adding your own material or have trouble with it, you can e-mail the wiki administrator, and they will add it. There is a 24-48 hour average delay for things submitted in this manner to be added.
Add a Background
To add a PDF document:
- Please ensure that you have uploaded your file as the file name will be necessary to create the page.
- Input your page name in the input box, and then click Add Background. Then fill out the template as instructed on the template page.
Below are all of the converted Backgrounds that have been submitted to the V5 Homebrew Wiki. Each of the links below will take you to a full layout for the submitted Background.