Merits and Flaws
A Merit is a special trait used to represent elements of a character that are more supernatural in nature. They establish a variety of things, ranging from how the Blood Bond effects them, mythical flaws they are afflicted with, and a myriad of other supernatural traits. Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition has a much smaller stable of Merits available in published material due to being designed as a 'new introduction' and for low-powered characters. This section will house any Merit conversions from prior Vampire material.
How to use this section
Like all portions of the wiki, the section below is designed to make extensive use of templates and wiki sorting, to provide an ease of use for contributors and readers alike. If you are a contributor, please read this in full. If you are only interested in seeing what has been contributed to the wiki, please move on down to the Merits and Flaws section.
Adding content is a pretty straightforward affair, but the administrators of the V5 Homebrew Wiki ask that you do the following:
- Before you create a page, please check to see if that page exists. You can check this via the search bar or by manually looking in the tabs for the page. Ex: If you're going to contribute a version of the Oracular Ability Merit, check to see if a Merit with that name exists.
- If it does, please make your title slightly unique in some way. For consistency's sake, we would ask that you mark any duplicate Merit/Flaw names as v# (for version), so that they can be easily sorted. Ex: If there is already an Oracular Ability on the wiki, please use Oracular Ability v2 as the name. This will help maintain some order to the wiki.
How to Add Content
There are two primary ways to add content to the Merits and Flaws section of the V5 Homebrew Wiki:
- Registered wiki users can add the pages themselves, by using the Add Merit/Flaw form below. Simply enter your Merit and Flaw name and the form will pre-populate the things you need to fill in for the template to function. Simply fill out the pre-populated template, filling in everything after the equal signs with your own data.
- Per the core book, Merits and Flaws are listed together; for example, an Oracular Ability Merit might have an accompanying Unending Visions Flaw, and both would be listed under Oracular Ability.
- Thin-Blood Merits and Flaws use the same template. For those, you can simply fill in the Level 1 Merit data or Level 1 Flaw data to ensure it matches up with the book material.
- If you feel uncomfortable adding your own material or have trouble with it, you can e-mail the wiki administrator, and they will add it. There is a 24-48 hour average delay for things submitted in this manner to be added.
Add a Merit/Flaw
Merits and Flaws
Below are all of the converted Merits and Flaws that have been submitted to the V5 Homebrew Wiki. Each of the links below will take you to a full layout for the submitted Merit/Flaw.