Stalk the Beast
- Prerequisite: Sense the Beast
Once you have located your target with your natural or supernatural senses, you know exactly where they are and the direction and speed they are moving, so long as you can continue to sense them. Technology or tools such as cameras and binoculars - including glasses and hearing aids - do not count towards extending these senses.
- Cost: One Rouse Check, roll Resolve + Animalism
- Dice Pool: Applicable dice pools, typically the activation pools, go here.
- System: Roll Resolve + Animalism. You automatically succeed against targets not actively hiding or fleeing. Hiding targets roll Composure + Stealth and fleeing targets roll Dexterity + Survival. A win gives you exact knowledge of the target’s location and movement. The margin of success determines the number of turns this effect remains active. On a critical or if uncontested the effect lasts the whole scene. Technology or tools such as cameras and binoculars - including glasses and hearing aids - do not count towards extending these senses. Successful use of Obfuscate powers like Cloak of Shadows and Silence of Death can be used to interrupt this power, but continues to be active in case the Obfuscate is broken.
- Duration: One scene, or a number of turns equal to the test margin plus one.