One of the major changes to Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition is the way that Disciplines are designed. Rather than a list of five core powers and then extended options for Elder Powers, V5 has redone Disciplines to have multiple choices for each Discipline level. The core book posits 8 core powers for each Discipline and one to two Amalgams. The core book also has only the 'core' Disciplines listed. In this section, contributors to the V5 Homebrew Wiki can add their own homebrew full Disciplines, such as conversions of Disciplines from prior editions. If you're writing a Discipline power for an existing Discipline, please see the appropriate section.
How to use this section
Like all portions of the wiki, the section below is designed to make extensive use of templates and wiki sorting, to provide an ease of use for contributors and readers alike. If you are a contributor, please read this in full. If you are only interested in seeing what has been contributed to the wiki, please move on down to the New and Converted Disciplines section.
Adding content is a pretty straightforward affair, but the administrators of the V5 Homebrew Wiki ask that you do the following:
- Before you create a page, please check to see if that page exists. You can check this via the search bar or by manually looking in the tabs for the page. Ex: If you're going to contribute a Discipline titled 'Melpominee' check to see if a Discipline with that name exists.
- If it does, please make your title slightly unique in some way. For consistency's sake, we would ask that you mark any duplicate Discipline names as v# (for version), so that they can be easily sorted. Ex: If there is already Melpominee, please use Melpominee v2 as the name. This will help maintain some order to the wiki.
How to Add Content
There are two primary ways to add content to the Full Disciplines section of the V5 Homebrew Wiki:
- Registered wiki users can add the pages themselves, by using the Add Discipline form below. Simply enter your Discipline name and the form will pre-populate the things you need to fill in for the template to function. Simply fill out the pre-populated template, filling in everything after the equal signs with your own data. On this template, we did not fill in anything but the Level 1 Power 1 section; that will be your guideline for filling out the rest of them
- Amalgams are pre-configured to be filled in at Levels 2 and 4; if you don't need an Amalgam at either level, simply leave the amalgam2 and amalgam4 template headers blank (they are pre-filled on the template data) and those sections won't display.
- If you feel uncomfortable adding your own material or have trouble with it, you can e-mail the wiki administrator, and they will add it. There is a 24-48 hour average delay for things submitted in this manner to be added.
Add a Discipline
To add a PDF document:
- Please ensure that you have uploaded your file as the file name will be necessary to create the page.
- Input your page name in the input box, and then click Add Discipline. Then fill out the template as instructed on the template page.
New and Converted Disciplines
Below are all of the full Disciplines that have been submitted to the V5 Homebrew Wiki. Each of the links below will take you to a full layout for the submitted Discipline.