Bar the Common Passage
Blood Sorcery Ritual •
The vampire paints her ward on a door or other portal. The affected doorway is imbued with enough magical fortification to hold back the ferocious strength of a werewolf or the head of a battering ram.
- Cost: 1 Rouse Check
- Dice Pool: Intelligence + Blood Sorcery
- System: Bar the Common Passage uses the following system:
- Ingredients: Nothing apart from the usual requirement of the caster’s Blood.
- System: To open the warded door, the intruder makes an extended test with Strength + Athletics. This is considered a Feat of Strength. When the successes of the extended test applied to the portal equals double the warding successes, the door opens (or is shattered) normally. On a Critical Win if the warded portal opens, the Cainite ears prick up and her hair stands on end.
- Duration: Until destroyed
This ritual is the first level of Rituals of Warding. Which also includes:
Tremere who study this Path dedicate themselves to defending the holdings of the clan. They can practically hold off entire armies. They are also capable of exposing infiltrators before they breach the clan's havens and hiding places.