Blood Sorcery Ritual ••••
- Prerequisite: Pariah
This powerful curse is invoked by the thaumaturge, who approaches the victim and denounces his physical form. Over the course of seconds, the victim's body distorts and perverts into a parody of itself. During this transformation, the victim suffers extreme pain that wracks his body. This defilement leaves behind a victim scarred both physically and mentally. Recently, Camarilla princes have had this power used upon violators of the Traditions to enforce their will; a graceful Kindred dancer reduced to an uncoordinated oaf is not likely to forget his mistakes.
- Cost: 1 Rouse Check
- Dice Pool: Intelligence + Blood Sorcery
- System: All Ritualistic Curses function in the same way, in a similar fashion as all Wards and Circle Wards share the same system. For general rules on Ritualistic Curses check Related Content below.
During the three turns that the physical change occurs, the target suffers a three-dice penalty to dice pools. For the duration of the Corrupt Body, the accursed suffers a one-die penalty to all dice pools, as if she were wounded. This is cumulative with other wounds. Additionally, the thaumaturge chooses Strength, Dexterity or Stamina to warp. This drops the appropriate Attribute to 1 for the duration. The Storyteller should add any additional effects to aid in how nasty this power is. Only one Corrupt Body can affect a victim at any one time. The power stays in effect for a week, a month for a Critical Win.
- Duration: A week or a month with a Critical Win.
This ritual is the fourth level of Ritualistic Curses. Which also includes:
Early in the history of Thaumaturgy, the Path of Curses was developed and refined. It is still known by its early names in certain circles: Maleficium, Hexen-Kraft, the Evil Eye. Victims of this path, often called accursed, are subject to extreme treatment and psychological feelings of inadequacy, often to the point of becoming social outcasts. When accursed are afflicted, friends and society tend to distance themselves from the victim, creating a social schism and driving the accursed toward alienation.
- All Ritualistic Curses uses the following system:
- Ingredients: Hair, blood, flesh or any other part of the victim.
- Process: When cursing a victim, the thaumaturge is subtle - curses must be spoken in whispers and directly toward the target. The curse itself is often comprised of dead languages. The curse must be chanted for a minute per level and uses the difficulty system of corebook Rituals. Any interruption during the process automatically counts as a fail.
- System: Because of the severe psychological effects on a victim, even if the rituals is successful, the target may cancel its effect. First she must succeed in a roll of Intelligence + Occult against a Difficulty equal to level of the curse +1 and then spend a Willpower point per level to negate the effect. This is the victim asserting his own strength of will and personality to throw off the yoke of anathema. The thaumaturge can lift the curses that she brings down at any time she wishes, which makes and excellent bargaining chip.