Blood Sorcery Ritual ••
- Prerequisite: Stigma
The thaumaturge causes the victim to suffer intense illness and discomfort, not unlike the plagues and pestilences of history. During the Dark Ages, this power was used to strike down rivals and force them into subservience to the thaumaturge. Cainites likewise feel the pain and suffering from the sickness instilled by this curse. For elder Kindred, this is one of the worst curses - to be stricken down with illness as if a common mortal!
- Cost: 1 Rouse Check
- Dice Pool: Intelligence + Blood Sorcery
- System: All Ritualistic Curses function in the same way, in a similar fashion as all Wards and Circle Wards share the same system. For general rules on Ritualistic Curses check Related Content below.
If this power is successfully invoked, the accursed suffers the effects of severe illness for a week, a month in a Critical Win. This intensity of this sickness equals the margin successes the thaumaturge scores on the activation roll. One success is a bothersome headache while four might be a strong flu. Additionally, reduces the victim's Strength, Dexterity and Stamina dice pools by one or by three on a Critical Win.
- Duration: A week or a month with a Critical Win.
This ritual is the second level of Ritualistic Curses. Which also includes:
Early in the history of Thaumaturgy, the Path of Curses was developed and refined. It is still known by its early names in certain circles: Maleficium, Hexen-Kraft, the Evil Eye. Victims of this path, often called accursed, are subject to extreme treatment and psychological feelings of inadequacy, often to the point of becoming social outcasts. When accursed are afflicted, friends and society tend to distance themselves from the victim, creating a social schism and driving the accursed toward alienation.
- All Ritualistic Curses uses the following system:
- Ingredients: Hair, blood, flesh or any other part of the victim.
- Process: When cursing a victim, the thaumaturge is subtle - curses must be spoken in whispers and directly toward the target. The curse itself is often comprised of dead languages. The curse must be chanted for a minute per level and uses the difficulty system of corebook Rituals. Any interruption during the process automatically counts as a fail.
- System: Because of the severe psychological effects on a victim, even if the rituals is successful, the target may cancel its effect. First she must succeed in a roll of Intelligence + Occult against a Difficulty equal to level of the curse +1 and then spend a Willpower point per level to negate the effect. This is the victim asserting his own strength of will and personality to throw off the yoke of anathema. The thaumaturge can lift the curses that she brings down at any time she wishes, which makes and excellent bargaining chip.