Fall from Grace
Blood Sorcery Ritual •••••
- Prerequisite: Corrupt Body
The magus is now able to curse his victim with supreme ineptitude, causing a loss in confidence and failings in any and all tasks. Striking a combination of mystical dread and self-loathing in the victim, failure becomes almost a certainty. Fate and circumstance now conspire to prevent prosperity. Victims of this power often retire from the normal activities of their lives as nothing goes right; relationships fall apart, jobs crumble around them, and accidents seem to become commonplace.
- Cost: 1 Rouse Check
- Dice Pool: Intelligence + Blood Sorcery
- System: All Ritualistic Curses function in the same way, in a similar fashion as all Wards and Circle Wards share the same system. For general rules on Ritualistic Curses check Related Content below.
While under this curse, all failures counts as a Bestial failure. Additionally, even the most menial task become more difficult to accomplish. Add a +2 Difficulty to all the rolls the target makes. In case of opposing dice pools the enemy gain 2 automatic successes. The power stays in effect for a week, a month for a Critical Win.
- Duration: A week or a month with a Critical Win.
This ritual is the fifth level of Ritualistic Curses. Which also includes:
Early in the history of Thaumaturgy, the Path of Curses was developed and refined. It is still known by its early names in certain circles: Maleficium, Hexen-Kraft, the Evil Eye. Victims of this path, often called accursed, are subject to extreme treatment and psychological feelings of inadequacy, often to the point of becoming social outcasts. When accursed are afflicted, friends and society tend to distance themselves from the victim, creating a social schism and driving the accursed toward alienation.
- All Ritualistic Curses uses the following system:
- Ingredients: Hair, blood, flesh or any other part of the victim.
- Process: When cursing a victim, the thaumaturge is subtle - curses must be spoken in whispers and directly toward the target. The curse itself is often comprised of dead languages. The curse must be chanted for a minute per level and uses the difficulty system of corebook Rituals. Any interruption during the process automatically counts as a fail.
- System: Because of the severe psychological effects on a victim, even if the rituals is successful, the target may cancel its effect. First she must succeed in a roll of Intelligence + Occult against a Difficulty equal to level of the curse +1 and then spend a Willpower point per level to negate the effect. This is the victim asserting his own strength of will and personality to throw off the yoke of anathema. The thaumaturge can lift the curses that she brings down at any time she wishes, which makes and excellent bargaining chip.